While winter might be a welcome change to the heat of the summer it can be very harsh on your hair, whatever its texture and type. Just like your skin, hair needs protection from the cold weather if you want it to stay soft and healthy.
Ensure you’ve got lovely locks to show off when spring comes around by following these winter hair care tips
- Wear a hat: Cover your hair with a hat and it will shield it from the rain, wind, snow, and dry air that will dry your hair out and make breakage more of a risk. Line your hat with satin or silk to prevent damage.
- Get your hair trimmed regularly: A trim every four to eight weeks is a great way to maintain hair health and keep your locks looking good.
- Purchase a humidifier: A humidifier rehydrates that air and helps maintain lustrous-looking locks.
- Try heat-free drying: Blow drying saps the moisture from your hair which increases the chances of it breaking. Your hair will stay shiny and healthy if you allow your hair to air dry.
- Lower the temperature of your shower: Hot water zaps moisture from your hair which makes it brittle and at risk of breaking. Washing with lukewarm water and rinsing with cool water is much better for your hair.
- Deep condition weekly: Moisturizing is what your hair needs in the winter. Use a leave-in conditioner once a week and it’ll replenish moisture. Also, consider using a hair mask once a week as these can reverse the effects of dryness and protect your hair.
- Use an oil-based hair treatment: Use nourishing hair oil on the ends of your hair every day. Such treatment will protect your hair and replenish moisture.
- Don’t wash your hair too often: Washing your hair every day is not necessary. Washing your hair too much strips it of natural oils which are essential during the winter.
Follow these tips and you’ll be able to keep your hair looking great and hydrated all winter long.